Before it became commonplace for a business telephone system to include intercom capability, business intercom systems flourished. Today, these systems satisfy more of a niche requirement, where the functions and requirements can be quite different from the telephone system’s “intercom” capabilities.
- Simple two or three station intercom systems are very popular, where instant hands-free communication is desired, without the need to dial multiple digits or run wiring back to a centralized phone switch.
- Door-entry intercoms with video provide a simple secure way to control access into a facility.
- Warehouses often use intercom stations throughout the facility, to let “pickers” stay in communication with the supervisor or office personnel, and these intercom stations are often tied into the overhead speaker system to give immediate access to paging announcements.
- In-store handset intercoms are often used in retail outlets, at the cash registers, to allow paging and two-way communications.
- Berkshire Systems have also designed custom intercoms for use in high noise manufacturing plants.
Call or email to discuss your unusual needs with us. Working together with our partners we will see if there is a standard business intercom system that meets your requirements, or if a custom solution will be the best approach.